Colin Campbell, Senior Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations for the National Hockey League, has recently been in the news for serving suspensions to players during the playoffs. Here’s a few that went unnoticed.
- Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby was suspended for three games for drinking a Powerade on the bench.
- Anaheim Ducks goaltender Ray Emery was suspended the rest of the playoffs for failing to tell the league he was black.
- Dallas Stars Eric Lindros will miss the next two games. When the organization reached out to the league to explain how a retired player not in the playoffs was suspended, Campbell said “I’ll look into it.”
- Buffalo’s Daniel Briere will miss the next game after it was discovered he complained to the press that his father was unable to find the Versus station in Quebec.
- Thomas Holmstrom of the Detroit Red Wings was banned from the NHL for life. Nobody came to his defense.